Anthony recently lectured final year students at the London School of Osteopathy on the subject of “Communication & Consent”
Anthony has been appointed as a panel chairman for the Nursing & Midwifery profession [ NMC] fitness to practice committee.
Martin has attended courses covering work station ergonomics, manual handling and taping techniques
The gardening season is here. Here are some tips to avoid serious injury:
• Pace yourself. Avoid prolonged bending when weeding etc.
• Change activities e.g. prune for a while and then weed etc.
• Try to keep your back straight when digging
• Before you start, do some very gentle stretches to warm up
• Avoid getting over tired as that is often when injuries occur. Take breaks. Drink water to avoid dehydration
• If you have to lift, keep things as close to your body as possible as they get heavier the further away you hold them. Better to have a dirty jumper than back pain!
• Afterwards avoid sitting on a low sofa as this may aggravate back pain
• Keep gently mobile afterwards
Remember your garden will still be there tomorrow
If you have any questions at all, call Westcliff osteopaths on